The High Life Cajun Band plays straight-out Cajun dance music that is fresh, authentic and fun. The dueling fiddle and accordion, French lyrics, and clear dance beat, make this distinctly American folk music into a party.
The band is built around Paul Rathje on accordion, and Ben Guzman on fiddle. It regularly includes guitar and triangle, but can grow to include bass, rub board and even a second fiddle. Rathje spent 15 years mastering the accordion, and brings to it a deep admiration of the passionate, driven playing of 1980s Louisiana hit maker, Paul Daigle. Ben Guzman has been playing traditional American fiddle music for over a decade, and was one of the Feet in the Los Angeles Old Time band Triple Chicken Foot.
Upcoming ShowsSorry, there aren’t any upcoming gigs right now. Check back soon!
- High Life in the S.D Troubadour!
- 4th Sunday Cajun Dance – Golden Sails – Long Beach, CA
- 05/13/17 – Gator By The Bay – Gator By The Bay – San Diego , CA
- 05/06/17 – Central Coast Folk Festival – Red Barn Community Center – Los Osos, CA
- 03/23/17 – High Life at So. Pas Farmer\’s Market – South Pasadena Farmer’s Market – South Pasadena, CA
High Life Email Signup